Lower Your Monthly Car Payment and Save
Affordable Monthly Payments
Great rates and terms that can lower your payment and save you money.
We'll walk you through each step to make your refinance as easy as possible.
No Prepayment Penalty
Pay off your loan at any time with absolutely no penalties or extra fees.
How it Works
Check Your Rate
Apply online and get offers instantly.
Confirm Your Details
Select the offer you like best and we'll guide you through each step of the loan and title transfer process.
Drive Off with Savings
Once you're approved, we'll take care of paying off your previous lender. That's it — your auto refinance is complete!
Is my current auto loan eligible?
To qualify, your car must be:
- 10 years old or newer
- A personal-use automobile
- Under 130,000 miles (or 150,000 for trucks)
Upgrade auto refinancing currently not available for RVs, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, or salvaged vehicles.
And your current auto loan must have:
- An outstanding balance greater than $5,000
- At least 3 monthly payments made
How do I decide if I should refinance my auto loan?
- Many people decide to refinance their auto loans to take advantage of a lower car payment, pay less in interest, and / or pay off their loans faster. Auto refi can be most helpful if your credit score has improved since you bought your car. On average, Upgrade customers can save $115 a month.* Over a year, that adds up to $1,380! It takes a couple of minutes to check your rate. Checking your rate is free and has no impact on your credit score. Check your rate and see how much you can save!
What are the benefits of refinancing my car through Upgrade compared to dealer financing?
- Getting an auto refi loan through Upgrade can help you save on interest or lower your monthly car payment. If you financed your car through a dealer, they may have added a premium to your loan, known as dealer markup. Plus, there’s no prepayment penalty, so you can refinance today and pay off at any time. Get started by seeing if you qualify now.
What is the process for refinancing my auto loan?
- Refinancing your auto loan is simple. First, check your rate and apply online. Once you’re approved, you’ll need to share some documents to finalize your new loan. We’ll guide you through each step.
What documents are required to get an auto refinance loan?
- Once you’re approved for an auto refinance loan, you’ll need to send some documents before your funds can be deposited. The documents we ask for typically include your vehicle registration card, proof of insurance, as well as a form that helps us use your car as collateral. The process is simple and we’ll walk you through each step so you can get your funds as quickly as possible.
How is my current auto loan paid off?
- After approval, Upgrade will directly pay off your existing auto loan and obtain the title from the current finance company. Please keep in mind, it may take up to 2 weeks before the payoff is completely processed. Monitor the status of your existing auto loan during that time frame and continue to make any payments that might be due while the payoff check is in transit. If there is an overpayment, you will be refunded the difference from your lender.