Upgrade to Rewards Checking
Common everyday expenses2
- No ATM fees, no account fees, no transfer fees1
- Up to 20% lower rate on loans & cards through Upgrade3
- Pair with a 4.00% APY4 Everyday Savings account and reach your goals faster
Unlimited Cash Back on Debit Charges
2% Cash back on common everyday expenses22
Convenience and drug stores
1% Cash back on everything else2
Why upgrade to Rewards Checking?
No ATM fee, no account fee, no monthly or annual fee, no transfer fee, no overdraft fee1
Up to 2% Cash Back
2% cash back on common everyday expenses and recurring payments and unlimited 1% cash back on every other debit card charge2
Lower Rates on New Loans & Cards
The rate on your next loan or card through Upgrade will be up to 20% lower if you maintain an active Rewards Checking account3
Unlock additional benefits with Everyday Savings
Pair with an Everyday Savings account and reach your goals faster
We offer 4.00% APY4, 10x the national average5
No minimum balance, no monthly feeds, easy transfer between accounts6
"I have had nothing but the best customer service ever since I became part of the Upgrade family. Keep up the excellent work and customer service."
How it Works
Open an account online in just a few minutes.
Fund your account with the click of a button or set up direct deposit to have your paycheck deposited automatically each pay period.
Use your Rewards Checking debit card anywhere Visa® is accepted and earn up to 2% cash back.2
What is a Rewards Checking account?
- Rewards Checking accounts are an easy way to upgrade your checking account experience. You’ll get an online checking account with no ATM fees, no account fees, and no transfer fees.1
When you use your Upgrade VISA® Debit Card for purchases, you’ll earn 2% cash back on common everyday expenses (up to $500 per calendar year) and 1% on everything else.2
And as an added bonus, Rewards Checking customers can receive discounts on new loans and cards through Upgrade!3
Is money deposited in my Rewards Checking account FDIC insured?
- Yes! All money in your Rewards Checking account is FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
Upgrade is a financial technology company, not a bank, Rewards Checking services provided by Cross River Bank. Member FDIC.
How do I access my money?
- You can use your Rewards Checking card wherever Visa® is accepted. It’s also easy to add your debit card to Apple Pay or Google Pay so you can take advantage of contactless technology and pay with your device at participating merchants. When you use your debit card (or your mobile wallet) for purchases, you’ll earn 2% cash back on everyday expenses and 1% on everything else.2
Need cash? We’ve got you covered with our debit card and we charge no ATM fees.1
It’s also easy to link an external bank account and transfer money between accounts if you need to. Simply sign in to your Rewards Checking account and tap transfer at the bottom of your screen.